Olsen Family

Olsen Family
Summer in Norway...under the midnight sun! This was one of about 30 photos attemping to get a "nice" family pic....this one captures how much fun we were having!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday night reflection

It's Sunday night and time for some reflections on my life....

I am sitting on the couch, Zeke is next to me and we are enjoying the fireplace.  Sten and Hugo went to help Tony move some furniture, and Johan and Anja are watching a movie.

I think I am beginning to adjust to life at home.  I actually go into school and help with benchmark testing the next two days.  I am happy to go in and help and it is nice to just do that part and not have any extra jobs.  I will already miss my time at home and will enjoy Wednesday even more when I am off again.  Thursday I will spend some time at the high school.

I am feeling more relaxed in myself and feel the sense of urgency gradually leaving my mindset.  It is a good feeling.  I am not happy with my weight gain and I know I must make some changes and soon.  I am not sure where to begin and that may be part of my problem.

I was in such a good place about 2 years ago.  I worked out regularly and I ate right.  I need to get back to that place and I need to start with small steps.  I know what I need to do for my eating and fitness and I just need to do it.  I need to quit feeling sorry for myself, quit comparing myself to others, and just do it for myself!

I am in a different place than I was 2 years ago, so that does change my reasons for losing the recent weight gain.  I am not even bothered about the number on the scale.  I am more concerned about living well, not being in pain most of the time, and feeling good about myself.

I will continue to take one day at a time and celebrate the small victories.  I will continue to simplify my life and my household.  I am enjoying my time so far at home and I think the kids like it too.  I believe the next two days will be long for me, even though I have only had one week off.  I will enjoy working with the students and visiting with the teachers....and then I will enjoy coming back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment